Last week saw the release of GNQS v3.50.7, the checking in of the
FreeBSD 3.3 port (which also seems to have sorted out our compilation
problems on AIX 4.2 ;-), and the arrival of many a Linux distribution
for me to test GNQS under.
This week has seen me suffering from some rather unpleasant bug
:( So not much will be happening at all this side of Christmas.
Well, after another miserable week in bed, it looks like my back is
starting to show significant improvement ;-) ;-)
I've spent this week getting GNQS to run under FreeBSD 3.3. As
FreeBSD claims POSIX.1-1990 compliance, this has been a good test of the
POSIX.1 port of GNQS. I've come across plenty of non-POSIX things
in the POSIX.1 port, and once GNQS 3.50.7 is out, I'll get these fixes
The FreeBSD work has been done under VMWare; mainly because I've
become too frustrated with trying to get various o/s's to co-exist (and
actually boot from a boot-loader) on a standard large EIDE drive.
So, I've just ordered the latest version of al the major Linux
distributions (Caldera, Debian, RedHat, Slackware and SuSE).
I'll get them all installed under VMWare, and then I can check that
GNQS compiles and runs on all the major Linux distributions.