|If you have made a change to Generic NQS, and you want to share
it with the world, you will need to submit a patch to the GNQS
I prefer to receive patches which meet the following criteria:
- In diff -u format (not supported by most diffs; use diff
- Are taken by diffing your entire modified tree against a
- Do not include files which you didn't modify
(please read your diff and edit out the crap first!)
- Include a patch against the CREDITS file
- Make changes for only one purpose (ie 1 bug fix, 1 new feature,
- Make bug fixes against a production release, and new features
against the very latest release (pre-production if available,
production if not).
It saves me a lot of time (which means it goes into GNQS quicker, and
you get a new GNQS release sooner) if you meet at least some of
the above. Don't worry - I appreciate all submissions, and won't
reject a patch just because it doesn't meet the above. I only
reject patches if I disagree with the change they make!
Once you have your patch (or patches), you need to email them to
me. Please please please send them to the NQS-Developers
list [more] rather than to me directly,
unless you want your privacy preserved.
If you don't get an email from me saying which release your patch has
gone into, I either haven't received your patch, or (far more likely)
your patch has gotten lost in my inbox (I get far too much mail these
days, not all of it GNQS related!). You will need to remind me.